Job Listing Overview
SUSP, Inc. is looking for an operator that has 3-5 years’ experience and holds a Grade 2 Water treatment, Water Distribution, and Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Certification. SUSP is part of California Rural Water Association and is a for profit company that provides both short and long-term operations and management solutions to utilities.
The SUSP Technical Field Specialist will perform operations and maintenance to water distribution systems and/or water/wastewater treatment plants. Daily operations include evaluate and maintain operations status and conduct routine sampling. The SUSP Technical Field Specialist will answers to SUSP manager or onsite supervisor. They must also be available for on-call duty and emergency services.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the Supervising Operator
- Maintain logs of daily activities
- Perform field duties related to the installation, repair and maintenance of water/wastewater systems.
- Provide janitorial services as directed
- Provide landscaping maintenance as required
- Assist in road maintenance and repair
- Repair basic equipment such as chemical feed pumps, water pumps, etc.
- Repair water leaks on mainline and service lines
- Assist with flushing of sanitary system and clearing of blocked sewer lines
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and vehicles
- Read water meters
- Perform routine weekend checks of facilities
- Recognize and follow safe water conditions in all job duties performed
- Perform other duties or special projects as directed by the supervisor
- Occasional travel may be required
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant
- Exposure to weather; extreme hot or cold temperatures
- Extended periods of sitting while driving/traveling
- Exposure to moisture/humidity, and/or slippery surfaces
- Exposure to dust/dirt/chemicals/possible hazardous materials
- Working in confined or cramped spaces
- Exposure to unsanitary conditions
- Working on ladders/narrow walkways/above main floor level
- Extended periods of standing while teaching
- Irregular or extended work hours
- Working with difficult personalities
- Travel by car or airplane for business purposes
- Sitting, standing or walking for long periods of time
- Use of office equipment, i.e., computers, fax, copiers, phone equipment, etc.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges with or without correction
- May be required to lift, reach, pull, push or carry boxes or equipment 50 lbs or less
- Use of specialized tools as required by the trade
- Bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing, crawling, and stooping while performing inspections/maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possession of a valid California Driver License (Class C), with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of basic equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Above average computer and GPS skills (working knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- A positive can-do attitude, team player, and independent worker
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- California Water Treatment Certification Grade II or higher
- California Water Distribution Certification Grade II or higher
- California Wastewater Treatment Certification Grade II or higher
CRWA provides competitive salary and benefits. Retirement is paid by employer and fully vested after 1 year of employment with the association. Our medical insurance is paid 100% for the employee and picks up 2/3 of the cost of family insurance, dental and vision are provided and paid by the employer as well.
About Specialized Utility Services Program, Inc. (SUSP)
Incorporated in 2012, Specialized Utility Services Program, Inc. (SUSP) was created by California Rural Water Association in response to a growing need of our members systems for support services including operations and management. SUSP is funded by fee-based services to utilities providing both short- and long-term solutions. Services include training, leak detection services, rate studies, MHI surveys, backflow testing, engineering, hydrogeological studies, contract operations and management, and energy efficiency studies.