Job Listing Overview
Position Title: Wastewater Treatment Operator
Location: Clovis, NM
Project Solutions Inc. is seeking Wastewater Treatment Operator for an exciting opportunity in Clovis, NM at the Cannon Air Force Base Wastewater Treatment Facility.
Join a team of ever-growing professionals who look to make a difference on projects both domestically and internationally. Our organization is growing, and we believe your career should too! Build your future with Project Solutions, Inc.
The Wastewater Treatment Operator would be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant to ensure the safe, efficient and economical treatment of wastewater. This position will execute the policies and assignments received from corporate management, compliance requirements defined by state & federal regulating agencies, and plant management. To be successful, the Wastewater Operator requires a high degree of independent judgment in accomplishing the work and developing continuous improvement programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Perform assigned treatment plant rounds; inspect, monitor, troubleshoot, performance test and document plant processes.
· Operate and adjust treatment plant pumps, motors, feeders and other equipment to maintain appropriate plant operations.
· Maintain, compile and update plant operations logs and reports; perform and record mathematical calculations related to plant operational activities.
· Mix and add treatment chemicals; ensure adequate chemical application according to regulations and guidelines.
· Maintain, repair, modify, troubleshoot, and service plant operations machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, motors, meters, tanks, reservoirs, and feeders.
· Collect and document samples and perform a variety of routine wastewater laboratory tests; laboratory vendors; monitor laboratory results; collect wastewater samples as required.
· Perform general plant facility maintenance such as cleaning, painting, and repairing plant facilities; perform various grounds maintenance duties as required.
· Work in a cooperative and professional manner with PSI staff and onsite staff.
· Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Abide by the PSI policies, procedures, and structure.
· Attend meetings, events and other functions as required.
· Weekend, holiday, and on-call work may be required.
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills:
· Qualified applicant must be able to pass a background check in order to access the facility
· High School diploma or GED required
· Must be able to climb ladders, regularly lift weights up to 50 pounds, and work in a physically demanding environment.
· Must pass a pre-employment background check
· Water and Wastewater Certification Preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Team player who is willing to pitch in.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.