Job Listing Overview
The North Carolina Rural Water Association (NCRWA) currently has an opening for the position of Energy Efficiency Specialist to conduct on-site energy assessments for rural and small community water and wastewater systems and make recommendations to those systems on ways to operate the system in the most energy efficient manner.
• Minimum of a high school diploma required. College degree or certifications in related field preferred.
• Well-rounded knowledge of electric motors, pumps, controls, electrical systems and troubleshooting those systems preferred.
• Knowledge of water system development, management, accounting, public finance principles, and state/federal regulatory requirements is also desired.
• Excellent computer skills including use of internet, email and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
• Ability to develop and deliver industry related presentations in the classroom setting and to the public.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possession of a valid State of North Carolina Driver’s License and reliable transportation (required).
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively within state and be away from home overnight.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a diverse team. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Three (3) years of experience in energy assessments or energy efficient utility operations preferred.
About North Carolina Rural Water Association
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to helping our members attain the highest standard in drinking water and wastewater service. Serving members statewide, NCRWA is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors from the association's membership. Members represent both community and non-community water and wastewater systems.