Job Listing Overview
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Technical Assistance Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting water systems in their efforts to assess and inventory lead service lines. The individual should possess a well-rounded knowledge of water distribution systems. Knowledge of water system development, management, accounting, public finance principles, and state/federal regulatory requirements is also desired. Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required. Extensive travel and overnight stays are required. Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Collaborate with water system operators, billing clerks, managers, and other stakeholders to develop and implement lead service line inventory plans.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to water systems in identifying, and documenting service line materials.
- Assist in the development of strategies and best practices for the safe replacement of lead service lines.
- Conduct on-site assessments and inspections of lead service line inventory and replacement projects.
- Offer training and workshops to water system staff on inventory and replacement methodologies.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest regulations and guidelines related to lead service lines in drinking water systems.
- Document and report findings, recommendations, and progress to clients and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources) or relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of water distribution systems and infrastructure.
- Understanding of federal and state regulations related to lead service lines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel to different locations across the state to provide on-site assistance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience in conducting service line inventories or related water system asset assessments.
- Familiarity with GIS and mapping tools.
- Knowledge of grant funding and financing options for lead service line replacement.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference in water quality and have the technical expertise to support water systems in their lead service line inventory efforts, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this position to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Technical Assistance Specialist Application” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: Résumés will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of résumés will occur on December 4, 2023.
Equal Opportunity Employer: NCRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Join us in our mission to provide our water and wastewater membership with the highest quality support services possible. Your technical expertise can make a lasting impact on water and wastewater systems across North Carolina. NCRWA offers a competitive benefits package. Salary DOQ. This is an “at-will” position.
About North Carolina Rural Water Association
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to helping our members attain the highest standard in drinking water and wastewater service. Serving members statewide, NCRWA is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors from the association's membership. Members represent both community and non-community water and wastewater systems.