Job Listing Overview
A Source Water Specialist at the North Carolina Rural Water Association shall report to the Technical Assistance Division Manager and/or other Associational Management as assigned by the Executive Director and is responsible for handling a wide range of member services related to providing wellhead and source water protection planning for water and wastewater utilities across North Carolina. The Source Water Specialist may work in a variety of assigned programs and must be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Specialist shall be required to remain very organized, stay flexible, and enjoy the challenges of supporting and serving a dynamic organization of diverse members.
- Multi-years experience or educational background in the water industry and/or local or county government in a compatible area to source water protection or land use planning.
- Technical knowledge of surface water, ground water and public water supply.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Internet, email and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc).
- Ability to develop and deliver industry-related presentations in the classroom setting and to the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possession of a valid State of North Carolina Driver’s License and reliable transportation (required).
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the state and be away from home overnight.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a diverse team.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about helping to protect the sources of drinking water for water systems across North Carolina, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Source Water Protection Specialist” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: Résumés will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of résumés will occur on December 4, 2023.
Equal Opportunity Employer: NCRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Join us in our mission to provide our water and wastewater membership with the highest quality support services possible. Your technical expertise can make a lasting impact on water and wastewater systems across North Carolina. NCRWA offers a competitive benefits package. Salary DOQ. This is an “at-will” position.
About North Carolina Rural Water Association
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to helping our members attain the highest standard in drinking water and wastewater service. Serving members statewide, NCRWA is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors from the association's membership. Members represent both community and non-community water and wastewater systems.