Job Listing Overview
Overview & Description:
The Marketing & Communication Specialist will enhance our brand and build strong engagement through content marketing and ensure all communication is kept consistent and professional. In this role, you will be a key digital marketing leader, helping drive positive brand perception through the development and distribution of content that is relevant, timely, and thought-provoking.
The Marketing & Communication Specialist will work collaboratively with the Content & Communication Specialist and Development Director to update and maintain the association’s marketing resources. Your main duties will include coordinating with the Content & Communications Specialist on communications planning, developing brand strategy and messaging, and ensuring compliance with brand guidelines and modern marketing best practices for our brands.
You’ll need the creativity and passion for writing and proofreading engaging copy and developing corresponding visual elements. Duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, so you must be organized and attentive to detail. This position is a critical role in the association and requires a creative, highly organized self-starter. The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and communicate well and often.
· Write, edit, proof, and distribute effective internal and external communications campaigns such as news releases, e-newsletters, announcements and other promotional materials on behalf of NRWA.
· Implement and maintain the company brand strategy, policies, and procedures.
· Cover annual events including writing press releases, videography, photography as needed, and creating promotional content for future use.
· Collaborate with internal teams to integrate company branding, core values, and employee culture into communications content.
· Write magazine features, produce video segments, and pursue new ways to overlap storytelling across multimedia platforms.
· Adhere to our style guidelines, ensuring the development of high-quality and error-free copy.
· Manage digital assets for all branded corporate communications initiatives.
· Attend State Association conferences as needed representing NRWA.
· Other relevant duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills, including written and interpersonal skills, phone presence and presentation ability.
· Excellent videography skills.
· Excellent interview and storytelling skills.
· Excellent Layout & Design skills.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple activities simultaneously.
· Must be comfortable with applicable computer software and other technology, specifically, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Google Analytics, WordPress and MailChimp.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
· At least two years of marketing experience through education, internships or employment.
The position will be based at NRWA Headquarters in Duncan, Oklahoma.
NRWA offers an excellent salary and benefit package including 100% of employee health insurance and 2/3 of dependent coverage, 401k match, and vacation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. NRWA will make reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process. The successful candidate must pass a background check and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person