Job Listing Overview
Hawaii Rural Water Association, a non-profit association, EOE, is seeking a Full-Time Drinking Water Circuit Rider for our USDA-RD Circuit Rider Program. Our drinking water specialists provide on-site technical assistance in operations, maintenance, management, security, finances, loan application, and health and environmental issues to public water systems serving populations under 10,000.
The primary goal of our drinking water circuit riders is to assist small, rural, and economically challenged communities with on-site, hands-on, activity-based training, where participants take ownership in learning how to resolve their current and future problems.
This position travels throughout the State of Hawaii and the Western Pacific. This position works closely with the USDA and the State DOH-Safe Drinking Water Branch.
Salary & Benefits: Starting salary is $65k-$70k depending on experience and qualifications—medical, dental, and vision paid for employee plus partial for dependents insurance benefits. Ten (10) paid holidays, four (4) personal days, accrued sick leave, vacation, and 401k participation after one year.
1. High school diploma or equivalent; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Multi-year work experience (preferably a minimum of 5 years) in operating and/or managing a rural or community water system.
3. Minimum certification in the State of Hawaii of DSO 1-4, WTPO 1-4.
4. Applicant must have reliable transportation and a valid State driver’s license (with proper insurance coverage).
5. Must be able to travel frequently and/or for extended periods.
6. Strong background demonstrating a well-rounded technical knowledge of the operations, maintenance, and system needs and methods of meeting those needs for rural and small water systems.
7. Prior working experience demonstrating the ability to identify, locate, and explain water problems to field personnel and decision-makers.
8. Must have strong skills in customer service, detail-oriented, prioritizing work, meeting multiple deadlines, interpersonal relations, problem-solving, project management, and written communication.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheets, databases, and desktop publishing applications.
10. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
11. Able to deal with issues from external and internal customers.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position closes on Friday, September 15, 2023.