Job Listing Overview
1. Meter reading and maintenance.
2. Valve exercising, hydrant repair and/or flushing.
3. Water main repair.
4. Ability to locate water mains, meter pits and valve boxes.
5. General clean up around the shop plus performing weed spraying and periodic storage tank inspections.
1. Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally and up to 75 lbs rarely.
2. Work in pressure reducing vaults that are 5 feet tall or less inside.
3. Most meter pit work is done on the ground level requiring the person to spend time laying on their stomach.
4. Endure working outside in the snow/rain/win when necessary.
5. Ability to shovel and rake as needed when performing duties.
6. Minor vehicle maintenance knowledge helpful.
Math and comprehension skills to be able to pass a minimum Class 1 Distribution exam.
Some equipment operation helpful but not required.
Wage for this position is $20.00 per hour or DOE
Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Occasional Saturday and Sunday on call.
Beautiful Montrose, Colorado at various locations
Health and vision paid by the District for employees and families.
Life insurance, 2 weeks vacation after 1 year, sick leave accumulates at 4 hours per month.
About Chipeta Water District
Purchase water from a local treatment plant and sell to customers in our district, approximately 1760 taps