About Lincoln County Rural Water System, Inc.
Job Location: Lincoln County Rural Water System is located in southeast South Dakota and borders Sioux Falls, Tea, and Harrisburg.
Lincoln County Rural Water System is a small employer with less than 8 employees that work together to ensure safe drinking water is delivered to its customers.
Job Description: The right person enjoys working outdoors in all weather and, after in house training, will work with others to construct water system mainlines and service lines. Will be able to install water meters and other items needed that gives us the ability to deliver safe drinking water to our members. This person will need to work safely in a trench at least 6 feet deep to install valves and other items needed for proper pipeline construction. Pipeline repairs are also a part of the Distribution Specialist’s duties as well as learning how to locate the underground water lines. The Distribution Specialists will also conduct service calls to its members to address water delivery problems or concerns at their homes. We are in the process of physically locating our water system mainlines and recording the locations with GPS.
This person must work well with others!
• Must possess a valid driver license at time of hire.
• Applicant will need to live or relocate with-in close proximity to the System to allow reasonable response time.
• After sufficient learning period operators are required to be on-call on rotating schedule (including week-ends).
• Job will entail manual labor requiring continuous walking, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing including the use of ladders and carrying heavy and awkward items.
• Exert considerable physical effort in moderate to heavy work involving stooping/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, and lifting/carrying.
• Applicant will be expected have or learn through training the basic understanding of water hydraulics and terminology common in the water and construction profession.
• Basic knowledge of GPS equipment and mapping would be beneficial.
• Mechanical ability and experience is also helpful.
Please apply soon as position is open until filled.
Submit Resume with Cover Letter... Mail to: Lincoln County Rural Water System, Attn: Robin Dykstra, 27066 Henry Pl. Sioux Falls SD 57108 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lincoln County Rural Water System Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by South Dakota or federal law.
In accordance with the American’s with Disabilities Act, Lincoln County Rural Water System Inc. will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.